Sunday, June 8, 2008

They are dead

Well, they are all gone. My sea monkeys are dead. Not a single little swimmer is left. I am going to redeem my two year guarantee and get more. I should have known as the numbers dwindled that it was coming to an end. It was so exciting watching them grow. Now I have to start all over again and hope it works out. I am going to write a heart wrenching letter to the company. Maybe I will get some sea monkey medicine for free. I just want them to know that as a 32 year old woman I can handle this, but what if Helena's sea monkeys tank had not leaked and her sea monkeys had grown and she had gotten excited and then they died. What would a 4 year old do? This could affect her self esteem, her feelings of worth, her outlook on life and death. Do you think that will get me any exta bonus items? I am not exactly trying to play the system, but hey if the truth gets me a little something extra then so be it. So tomorrow I will write the letter. I will let you know how it all works out.

7 comments:

Beth Soelberg said...

Sea monkeys are born, and sea monkeys die. Think of this as an opportunity to teach Aidan about the Circle of Life.

Don't, however, turn on "The Lion King" and let him watch that horrible wildebeest scene. That's part of the Circle that no one needs to hear.

Play the theme song instead.

Good luck with the monkeys - no Shamrock to tip over your thriving Sea Monkey Community now!

Leanne said...

I had seamonkeys a long time ago. I don't remember them living long tho. Days at the most. I don't think there was any guarantee back then. I say go for it. Get some more and like Beth said, use it to teach Aidan about the life cycle!

Megan said...

So I read the post below this one first and I thought, "Ooh, sea monkeys! That's what I should get for the girls!" Then I read this post and I was like, "Ooh, dead sea monkeys. Not so much." :) Let us know what happens with your letter. Go get 'em tiger!

Caity said...

Okay, I'm an idiot. What's a sea monkey?

Andrea said...

Sea monkeys are some form of shrimp. Somehow when they are eggs they live in frozen animation until they are put in water. A natural occuring phenomenon.

Beth Soelberg said...

Caity - you can buy Sea Monkeys in the toy department at some stores (maybe Meijer? Target?), or at Toys R Us.

And think about that: Why aren't they in the PET department? Hmm?

Caity said...

Okay, no offense to anyone, but they seem sort of freaky :)