Sunday, September 6, 2009

Got a story about it?

I have been noticing that at least once a day I read a quote or am talking to my residents and I have a story or memory about whatever it is we are talking about. Sometimes it is about pie making or the mittens my grandmother knitted for me. Other times it is about Aidan's latest adventures. I was thinking that at 33 I just shouldn't have this many stories. But I do. So I thought I should write them down. What better place than a blog. Then once a year or so I can have them printed into a book and it will make a nice journal. Now I just need to remember what stories I tell my residents each day a write them down.

Today I would like to tell you that Aidan has a new favorite phrase. "You got a song about it?" We will be having a conversation and all of the sudden I will say a "trigger" word and he will say "You got a song about it?" What he means is that he heard a word that he knows is in a song that he is familiar with. For example. We were looking at the Swiss Colony catalog the other day and they had a cake that looked like a snowman. Aidan says, "you got a song about it?" Mean that he knows a song called "Once there was a snowman" . So I say yes and start singing the song. What has been interesting is that my mom has been here for the past few days and she knows infinitely more songs than I do. So when the question is posed, "you got a song about it?" She does. Every time she said the word Michigan it led to the song "I Was Born in Michigan"

At least Aidan will be well versed in music. The question is when he learns his Gaga's name is Diana what song shall we sing to go with that? Dirty Diana? Doesn't seem to fit does it?

3 comments:

Nikki said...

The blogger returns again! :)
Very cute story- love the "you got a song about it?"

You totally should blog all of your memories, for you and your family- and for us who read you. :)

rachel said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE it! That Aidan is a cutie!

Leanne said...

LOL! Dirty Diana! I bet she would just looooove that. hee hee.

I think I really like the Aiden quote and I might just use it here and there. How fun!