Saturday, May 3, 2008

Not so over the rainbow

Okay I made it here alive. Most of my stuff made it here alive. (the cat and the orange tree are doing well by the way) I am so completely overwhelmed or frustrated or something that I am having a hard time. Have I mentioned I do not adjust well to change? My house is one big mess. All of my stuff is who knows where. I feel so unorganized that I may have an OCD attack. Right now Matt is out making nice with the guys who helped us unpack. But I need to vent right now. I need to say that somewhere deep inside me behind all of my fear there is part of me saying that this will work out fine. I know I am now more able to do what I have wanted to do than ever before. I can stay home and care for Aidan, maybe have another baby, volunteer somewhere, hang out with other moms. The only problem with this is that I wanted to do it all in Michigan. I so looked forward to the day that I could go back to mother's group. I wanted to hang out at the Walker Library with Aidan and read the same books I had read as a kid ( well, new ones too, but really some of my old favorites are still there). I wanted to spend my summers at the beach and my winters sleading down the sugar bowl. I wanted to take Aidan to some of those places you go on field trips as a kid, but for some reason rarely go as an adult such as: the PJ Hoffmaster nature center, the county museum, the dairy(on free ice cream day). Now I have to find all new things to do. Which can be exciting or with the wrong attitude can be a burden. Is that what it really comes down to? Attitude? Like that quote goes, 90% is attitude.

Wow blogging really works! It is just like a journal only better. I get everything out and then I somehow figure it out. Okay I am going to put on my happy face and head out to clean some of this mess up.

By the way, my sister-in-law dropped by with an invitation to her wedding. Now as you know my husband and sister-in-law are not really associating with one another at this time. So I don't believe we are going to go to said wedding. Our question is: if you get an invitation are you required to get them a gift, despite the realtionship at this time? Let me know.

Well on the good side we upgraded due to our move to a DVR. An invention I am told I will not be able to live without once I try it.

PS has anyone ever heard of the Magic Jack? It is a phone thing. We ordered it and are hoping it is as good as it seems.

Andrea

5 comments:

Caity said...

And one of the great things about blogging is that we can tell you that you are NOT crazy for feeling that way! That is totally understandable! Moving is the scary stuff! I'm so glad you are blogging and that we can keep in touch though! I felt so bad about not being a help for you before moving. Sorry about that.

Beth Soelberg said...

And it's weird for us to have you gone, too.

Things will get better. When the boxes are unpacked and the house is put together, when you know a few people at church, when you've determined which grocery store will be "yours," you'll feel better.

Blogging is really awesome. So is blurking...so give us some blog links!

The InstiKater said...

I want to know what blurking is. I also want to read your sister's blog, which isn't public. Beth, how do you let me see your blog? In case you don't recognize my name, Katie VanderWier

Beth Soelberg said...

Blurking is lurking on people's blogs, some of whom you maybe don't know, without leaving comments. It's kind of fun, actually - I found a very interesting Swedish blog once.

Leanne said...

I know you wrote this awhile ago, but I still thought I'd comment.

I'm sure it's hard to pick up and move to another place. Especially a whole new state. But we are all thinking of you and praying that you will adjust and feel comfortable in your surrounding soon. Hang in there. And remember...all the places you want to take Aidan to here in Michigan, will still be here when you come visit :) Just think of all the special times he will remember about his visits back where Mom grew up!