Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas, Part 3

Well, I have finally gotten to Christmas day. For Christmas we went to my Dad's house as usual. We had more great food and plenty of it. We had a great time eating and visiting. I am sorry that I didn't get any pictures of the new babies. I was too busy holding them I guess. In some of the photos you can see Colten in the background. I held Lily for sometime while she slept which may be why I didn't get a whole lot of photos to the end.

Once again Aidan and Helena were stuck like glue. They sat and ate together and every time Helena moved Aidan would start asking where she was. What a nut.

It was good to see all of the cousins together. They had a lot of fun playing together. Since Amy's girls are the same age as Aidan and Helena they had instant playmates. The only down side to the whole thing was that Aidan ending up wandering around holding one of their Barbies, which of course was half naked. I don't know what Matt was up to but luckily he missed that. He tends to freak out when Aidan plays with "girl" toys.

The coolest part of the day was as things were winding down. Pam asked us to open the one present under the tree which was addressed to "the whole family". When the gift was opened it was Twister. Most of the adults were too full and inflexible to play, but Dan and Matthew (my brother) gave it a shot. They were definitely pretzels at times. For the life of me I can't remember who won.

The kids tried it too.


Aidan was just too small to play. He couldn't reach from one side of the mat to the other.


But Aidan sure did try. He even made some interesting yoga poses.

Once I finally convinced Aidan that he couldn't play, he began attacking Helena. I guess he thought if he couldn't play she sure wasn't going to. He would just jump on her back and she would topple over.
But they both had fun, especially Aidan.

May I just say that my brother Matthew was awesome. I guess that I just never realized how cool he is. I think it is because of our age difference. I still tend to think of him as a pestering little kid. He has done a lot of growing up and he was great with the kids and fun to talk to. Who knew. Not me that is for sure. Maybe it is his new baby, but I think I just missed his growing up somehow.
I don't want to go on and on about just him because we had a great time with everyone. My sister Amy was there and I hadn't seen her since before Aidan was born. It is always fun to be with her. We are just comfortable around each other no matter how long it has been since we have seen each other. Probably comes from spending so much time hanging out together in her room as teenagers. There is something nice about being with family. Especially when there is a lot of family. And of course children and Christmas just make magic.
The time came all to soon that we had to leave. Beth and I snapped some pics of the best friends together before we went. That shirt Aidan is wearing was part of his Gaga's spoils from day after Christmas shopping. It lights up when he moves. He would still be wearing that if I hadn't hid it.
We had to take a couple of shots because it is hard to get two kids to smile and look normal doing it. I only included two of them that were the best.


We had a fabulous time in Michigan and Aidan is still talking about going back to Michigan. Just today I found he playing with his McQueen car and saying "we are going to Michigan." We will be back so just look out. As we have proven you may never know when are coming.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Sounds like a great trip for you and your family. Being all together is the best.

Megan said...

Aw. I love all of the pictures, Andrea! How fun!