Tuesday, July 22, 2008

This will teach me to go on vacation

Hi, sorry I have not written in a while. I have been in Michigan. I was so glad to be there. I thought two weeks would be forever, but I could have done another two easily. I have to say that I loved the lakes. Who knew Lake Michigan would be so warm and the waves were just right the day we were there. Aidan laughed and laughed. It brought me so much joy to see him enjoying the beach like I did. Yes, it was a bit sad too. I was away from Matt and I wished he could have seen and done all of the fun stuff I did but he works. Not that I don't but my work happens to travel well. (As you know planes and trains are just about Aidan's favorite things in the world).

I stayed in my house. Which thanks to my mom was set up with more amenities than I even knew were there. I did clean the house the day before we left because when we got there the house was well...unlived in. The toilet had started to grow, some bugs were moving in without even making an offer and the floors need a good sweeping. It was weird to clean the house and then leave it again. Not as hard. In fact, I sort of resent the stupid house for not selling. I also wanted to tell my next door neighbors who are just great that they need to stop making their house look so nice. Mine looks crappier every time I turn around. I guess they did with their house what I had always wanted to do with mine, but for some reason time, money and energy just never lined up. Now I have time and energy and a little money but who wants to fix up a rental?

Oh and not to forget the Girls' night out last night. What a blast. Hanging out with old and new friends and talking about who knows what. For those of you who were there "washcloths". Please see Holly and Nikki's blogs for photos of the evening.

Hey thanks especially to my family for making this trip possible. The cars, blankets, beds, towels, TVs, meals, outings, and taking care of Aidan meant so much to me. Sometimes Matt asks me why we are so close. Well duh! That is what a family is and this is how it shows itself. Silly husband.

Okay I am beat. I have to catch up on my sleep and see if I can get my bed comfortable again.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

It was very noce to meet you in person Andrea... and when I find some time(hopefully before Christmas!) I'll pst some pictures of our little "blog party". Maybe Holly will beat me to it since I'm off to Girls Camp in a week!

Caity said...

It was great to see you Andrea! The blog party was really fun, huh?

Holly said...

Thanks for coming! It was such great timing. I wish you had taken pictures of your house set up and posted them. GREAT!! :)

Beth Soelberg said...

I'm glad you came for vacation for TWO weeks instead of one. We had a blast. I miss you, you know.

Anonymous said...

...there's nothing like a late Friday...