Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Gotta tell ya

So how do you all like this new music thing? I got the idea from my cousin Heather's blog. It sounded good and then I thought um you don't really listen to a whole lot of radio and you aren't like Beth and have a whole file of weird music. So I decided if the song popped into my head it was going on the list. So that is what you get. I even tried to put a few songs on there from the good old high school/middle school days. Truth be told the first songs that came to mind were Aidan's favorites, mostly from Disney movies. I will add more though as my random association leads me to other great hits. Also suggestions are welcome.

Aidan loves the idea. Today while I was setting it up "These little wonders" came on. I now only let him have one DVD out at a time. This week it has been "Meet the Robinsons"(which he calls robins) Anyway, that is where "these little wonders" is from. It came on and he says "I love this song" I have no idea where he learned that. He seems to have begun to talk incredibly well on our vacation. He learned to say things like 'buster brown', 'get away buggies', and 'I got you now'. He has also begun to sing quite a bit. At first it was mostly Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam, but now he has branched out into, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Popcorn Popping, and some of the sound tracks from various movies. It is wild. Like somebody opened up his head and plug it into the mainframe or something

Okay one more little Aidan thing. Well, maybe two or three. He has learned to open up the fridge. It is getting troublesome. For two days he has been eating left over spaghetti, sauce and all, out of the fridge. I always know something is going on when he is quiet for too long. I am not starving the kid but I think now that he can do for himself he does. Why bother mom when I don't have to right? He also likes to open the fridge to turn the light on and off. Now I am sure these are all normal kid things. But yesterday morning he had eaten a good breakfast and we were in bed watchin Playhouse Disney. I told him if he was still hungry that he could go get the bag of trail mix off the counter. Not two minutes later he comes running into the bedroom yelling "clean up, clean up" I flew out of bed. I had a feeling he was not talking about his toys. There in the kitchen were 8 or so eggs all cracked on the floor. I am not sure how they got there because the carton was in the fridge and actually didn't look touched. So I scooped up what I could with paper towel and then washed it with a rag. I wanted to punish him but the whole thing was so incredible to me that I couldn't do it. Plus I was trying to figure out the best way to clean up egg. I guess he has reached the stage where he has more know how than common sense. How long will this last? Today he ripped the screen out of the door frame so he could go play in the rain.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Hey, hey! Look at you getting all Blogtastic! :) Well done.

I couldn't believe how much Aidan was talking when you guys were here either! He is seriously soooo cute! I am glad he still let me snuggle him.

My kids are independent like that too. Always have been. It can get a little bit scary. (like the time Ethan microwaved popcorn for 88 minutes and 88 seconds at my parents house. HA! Try getting rid of THAT smell before mom gets home. I think the smell STILL lingers....)Get READY!!!

Heather said...

Love the new playlist!

Bria is in that same "fridge" stage. This morning she dragged a pitcher full of juice down the hall so I would pour her a glass. I take it she was thirsty... Ahhh, such a fun age! ;)

Beth Soelberg said...

Hunter's favorite activity is turning the light in the fridge on and off. Oh, and apparently he's strong enough to pull gallons of milk off the shelf. Thank goodness for the plastic manufacturers...

Aidan is such a sweet kid. How could you punish him, right? And he didn't know smashing eggs on the floor (or dropping them accidentally) was really wrong. I'm glad he's taken to singing. It's cute.

Nikki said...

Oh the joys of mothering a toddler. :) Hang in there and start researching lots of good cleaning tips!

rachel said...

Aidan and Will are two peas in a pod -- his favorite pastime is opening the fridge and pulling out whatever looks most interesting. Gah!