Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Truth in unusual places

I watch too much TV. I have several favorites. I love Frasier, Golden Girls and MASH. Oddly I didn't really care for Frasier or MASH when they were actually on the air. I often feel a bit guilty for taking pleasure in watching TV. Today I was rewarded while enjoying MASH with a bit of wonderful truth.

I am often surprised by how deep MASH is. Father Mulcahy was giving a sermon about selfishness and he said this: "God didn't put us here for that pat on the back. He created s so He could be here himself. So that he could exist in the lives of those he created in His image."

Good stuff huh? We are here to help others. Simple but beautifully said.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

I like M*A*S*H* too :)

Megan said...

Amen. :)

stacie said...

You should start a MASH quotes section on your blog:) I love them.

Andrea said...

great idea Stacie

Caity said...

I've never been into MASH, maybe I should try it out again. Oh yeah, I only have one channel. Maybe at my mom's :)

Leanne said...

Wow! That quote came from MASH? I love it! You know that Colonel Potter (Harry Morgan)is a Muskegon native right?

I love old classic shows. Especially I Love Lucy and The Brady Bunch. I've been known to watch Gillian's Island occasionally too. hee hee